- This event has passed.
July Meeting: What’s all the Hoopla about Hoops?
July 9 @ 1:00 PM
Our program, “What’s all the hoopla about hoops?” will be an engaging exchange of ideas and show and tell. Bring your favorite hoops, scrolls and slate frames, lap and floor stands. Bring the ones you hate to0 – someone may give you a new reason to try it again and love it!
- Do you love wood or plastic hoops?
- Do you stitch with a vintage hoop?
- Do you use tensioners with your scroll frame?
- Did you know that Tyvek is a conservators friend? I’ll demonstrate how to use it to protect your needlework.
- Grime guards – yes or no?
Plus, bring a hoop to bind. A 6 to 8 inch hoop will be just the right size to give it a try (but bring whatever you have!). Examples of different hoops bound in different cottons will be available.